Thursday, 10 April 2014

Creating AEM components that displays DAM Assets in 3D

From time to time, I enjoy looking at the some of the new JQuery plug-ins to see if I can find interesting ones to use with Adobe Experience Manager. As I have stated in previous posts in  Scotts Digital Community, one of the powerful features of AEM is the ability to create custom components using JavaScript frameworks, such as JQuery. I have located a new plug-in that I think the AEM community will like named 3dEye.js. See: https://github.com/metalshan/3dEye.

You can use this JQuery plug-in to create a custom AEM component that displays AEM DAM assets in 3D, as shown here:

By building engaging components, you can create an even better experience for Digital Marketers to do their jobs. To read this development article, click http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-gallery-3d.html.

Join the Adobe Experience Cloud Community 

Join the Adobe Experience Cloud Community by clicking this banner




I (Scott Macdonald) am a Senior Digital Marketing Community Manager at Adobe Systems with 20 years in the high tech industry. I am also a programmer with knowledge in Java, JavaScript, C#,C++, HTML, XML and ActionScript. If  you would like to see more CQ or other Adobe Digital Marketing end to end articles like this, then leave a comment and let me know what content you would like to see.


TwitterFollow the Digital Marketing Customer Care team on Twitter @AdobeExpCare.

YouTube: Subscribe to the AEM Community Channel




7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I tried implementing but not able to find zip files for DAM assets on the link http://voidcanvas.com/3deye/
    Could you please let me know where exactly it is, may be I missed it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, name of 3D component should not be 3DCar. It will not show component under "General" component group. First letter should be in caps and alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you go to the URL specified in the article - click the Download button. You will download a ZIP named 3deye-1.0.0.min.zip. THis ZIP contains the JS plug-ins and the graphics used in this article. Good comment on name of component. I will change that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded the Zip file but it showing one file when I unzip it i.e. "3deye.min.js". No image folder is coming for me as mentioned in the article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try http://voidcanvas.com/3deye-js-a-plugin-to-create-360-degree-3d-panoramic-view-works-in-all-major-browsers-and-mobile-devices/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I updated the article - thanks for pointing out that change

    ReplyDelete